-- By Category
-- E-commerce and Internet
-- Autoresponders - Put Your Business On Autopilot
Autoresponders - Put Your Business On Autopilot
by Shelley Lowery of Brajusta Publishing ( http://www.web-source.net )
Autoresponders are one of the top promotional tools available online today. They are also known as mailbots, automatic
email and email on demand. They were derived from the very popular fax on demand and designed to automatically
respond to any email message sent to it with an automatic response. Their popularity most likely stems from its
vast variety of uses as it eliminates the need to manually answer every response. Subsequently saving hours of
valuable time. Your information can be available to your prospective customer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Get
your best ad copy ready, load it to your autoresponder and your business is set to autopilot. When your prospective
customer sends a message to your autoresponder address, your information will be instantly delivered to their email
There are many ways of utilizing the power of autoresponders:
- Sample E-zine Copy for potential subscribers
- Articles For Publication - A great way for writers to distribute their articles
- Offer Free Powerful Reports on various subjects and use your signature file at the end to promote your site
- Offer Free Resources with information about your site, product or business
- Information about your Business Opportunity
- Product listings
- Price list
- Welcome letters
- Thank you letters
- Order Confirmations
- Advertising Rates
There are many advantages associated with the use of autoresponders. Not only do they automate the daily task of
manually replying to requests for information, but they provide instant gratification for the recipient. They also
enable you to track your ad responses and gather the email addresses of potential customers. A good autoresponder
service will automatically send you an email notification informing you each time someone requests your information.
Selecting a quality autoresponder service:
When selecting a autoresponder service, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration to ensure
- Personalized responses - This makes the recipient feel that the letter was sent specifically to them.
- Automatic follow ups - Studies have shown it may take up to seven contacts before closing a sale.
- Unlimited text length - If you are inhibited by the amount of text your autoresponder may contain, you may
be forced to revise a successful sales letter, ultimately costing you business.
- Free Unlimited updating - It is imperative to provide your customers with accurate, up to date information
on your products and services.
- Automatic Notification - You must have the ability to track your ads performance. You should be instantly informed
each time someone requests your information.
- Include your autoresponder address in your signature file.
- When placing classified ads, instead of supplying your regular email address, use your autoresponder address.
- Appropriate News Groups
- Opt in email discussion lists
- Business Cards
- Letter Head
- Your web site
Key Coding Your Ads:
Tracking your ads response rate will be the key to your marketing success. Once you test your ads and determine
which ad is pulling the most responses, you can easily test which classified ad sites are producing results as
well. This will save you a lot of valuable time by only placing your ads at classified ad sites that produce results.
1. Make a list of the classified ad sites you intend to post your ad.
2. Number the list of ad sites.
3. You can key your ad using the subject of your email. Many times, if you ask for a certain "subject"
description, it may not be provided. To avoid this problem you can add a simple code to your email tag.
This code should contain your autoresponder address and will automatically fill in the subject with your ad key
when clicked on. The "cl1" stands for the classified ad site number one. The second ad site you have
listed should be coded as cl2 or classified ad site number two and so on. By coding your ads you will know exactly
where your leads are coming from.
4. Begin submitting your ad and replace your normal email address with your key coded autoresponder address.
You can obtain free autoresponders with all the amenities I mentioned above from Get Response.
Submit your autoresponder address to AutoResponder Central completely free. Not only will it be added to our web
site, but we will also include it in our monthly publication for massive exposure. http://www.web-source.net/links
About the Author
Shelley is the publisher of Marketing Adzine - Marketing, Advertising & Promotional Solutions for the Netrepreneur
& Article Announce - A Writer & Publisher Connection. Visit her site to subscribe. Web-Source.net http://www.web-source.net
Tags: E-commerce and Internet